WARM-UP ETIQUETTE & PROTOCOL
- No team may use the net until a specified time prior to the match.
- Both teams shall have five minutes together to warm up on their respective side of the net for stretching, ball handling, passing, etc.
- The visiting team shall then have the court on both sides of the net for six minutes for passing, hitting, receiving, serving, etc.
- The home team shall then have the court on both sides of the net for six minutes for passing, hitting, receiving, serving, etc.
- The control of the time elements will rest with the umpire/timer using a horn, bell or whistle to indicate time factors. There shall be NO mutual serving time.
- After warm up and introductions, both teams shall be in their positions on the court ready to play within 60 seconds. Failure to comply results in an unnecessary delay penalty being assessed.
- At the conclusion of the game, the official shall verify the score as the teams move to the bench. When the score is verified, the 3:00 minute timer shall begin.
- Teams shall exchange benches at the beginning of the 3:00 minutes intermission between games.
- With 15 seconds remaining between games, the timer shall sound the horn.
- When the 3:00 minute timer elapses, the timer shall sound the horn and both teams shall be in their positions on the court ready to play. Failure to do so is penalized by a delay of game penalty.
- When a deciding game of a match must be played—a coin toss will be held prior to the 3:00 intermission period beginning. The coin toss shall determine which bench each team shall occupy.