Dear Cross Country Coaches and Athletic Directors:
With the extremely wet fall and Webster County being declared a disaster area, we have had to implement a new parking plan for the state cross country meet. The farm fields adjoining and across from Kennedy Park will not be available for spectator parking for next Saturday's state meet. Please use the following link to learn of our parking plan for the 2018 state meet: http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Parking-Updates-State-Cross-Country-Oct-17.pdf.
Some highlights include:
- We will be shuttling spectators from four locations in and around Fort Dodge to Kennedy Park. As in the past, there will be a parking fee at these four locations of $10. Shuttles will run from 8 am to 4:30 pm. A map will be posted on both of our web sites in the coming days.
- Participating teams will still be able to park inside Kennedy Park. As in the past, one parking pass will be provided per team.
Participating schools may purchase one additional parking pass per qualifying team for $10. If your school qualifies both a boys and girls team, your school can purchase two additional passes. If your school qualifies an individual in both the races, they may purchase one additional pass. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Noon on Friday, October 19 if you'd like to order an additional pass.
- No early set up or tailgating allowed, unless an authorized IHSAA/IGHSAU parking pass is used. All team tailgating supplies, such as food or tents, must be transported by vehicle in possession of IHSAA/IGHSAU pass.
- School administrators and media can also park inside Kennedy Park for $10.
- Handicap parking is available inside Kennedy Park for $10. We are sending this out prior to the qualifying meet so schools can start discussing their potential parking plans for the state meet to meet the Noon deadline on Friday. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. We also ask that your share this information to your fans as the make their plans for Fort Dodge. We will post this information on our web site along with the other state meet information tomorrow.
Jared Chizek Gary Ross