Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines are approved for the 2021-22 school year.
- First practice: Monday, August 9
- First game: Monday, August 23
- Playing dates: 14 (9 for junior high)
- Scrimmages: 3
- Regional Tournament Dates:
- Class 1A, 2A: October 18, 20, 25, 27
- Class 3A: October 18, 20, 26
- Class 4A,5A: October 19, 21, 26
- State tournament: November 1-4 all classes in Cedar Rapids at Alliant Energy PowerHouse
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF-VB5
- QuikStats: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during the regular season
Individual and Team Limitations
Teams may play 14 dates at each level of play (9th grade, junior varsity, varsity). No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments. No jamborees allowed. A maximum of six matches per team per day. The maximum number of teams in a tournament is four per court (exception is conference tournaments). Junior high volleyball tournaments are legal. Players are limited to six matches per day.
Academic eligibility resumes at 12:01 a.m. on September 23.