Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines are approved for the 2017–2018 school year.
- First practice: Monday, August 7
- First game: Monday, August 21, 2017
- Playing dates: 14 (9 for junior high)
- Scrimmages: 3
- Regional tournament dates:
Class 1A and 2A: October 17, 23, 26, 31
Class 3A, 4A and 5A: October 18, 24, 30
- State tournament: November 7–10 for all classes in Cedar Rapids at U.S. Cellular Center
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF-VB5
- QuikStats: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during the regular season
Individual and Team Limitations
Teams may play 14 dates at each level of play (9th grade, junior varsity, varsity). No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments. No jamborees allowed. A maximum of six matches per team per day. The maximum number of teams in a tournament is four per court (exception is conference tournaments). Junior high volleyball tournaments are legal. Players are limited to six matches per day.
Academic eligibility resumes at 12:01 a.m. on September 20.