Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines have been approved for the 2020-21 school year.
- First practice: Monday, March 22
- Jamboree date allowance: Monday, March 22 through date of first scheduled game
One jamboree per school is allowed; maximum of one 40-minute half
- First game: Monday, April 5
- Play dates: 17 matches
- Scrimmages: 1
- Regional tournament dates:
Class 1A: May 26, June 1, June 4
Class 2A: May 28, June 2, June 4
Class 3A: May 28, June 2, June 4
- State tournament: June 8, 9, 11, Cownie Sports Complex in Des Moines for all classes
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF-5000
- QuikStats reporting dates: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during the regular season
Individual and Team Limitations
There is no season match limitation for an individual player. Individual player limitation may not exceed six halves in a calendar day. No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments. No more than five matches may be played in one tournament, and no more than three matches in one day. Regularly scheduled season matches may not be part of a tournament.
Academic eligibility resumes at 12:01 a.m. on May 6.