The fall volleyball season starts with first practices on August 6 and first matches taking place on August 20. Iowa has five classes of girls volleyball, with the largest 40 schools competing in 5A, the next 48 competing in 4A, the next 64 competing in 3A, the next 96 in 2A and the remaining schools in 1A. The Iowa Girls High School State Tournament takes place for all classes November 6–9 at the U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids. Regional competitions take place as follows:
- Class 1A: October 16, 22, 25, 30
- Class 2A: October 16, 22, 25, 30
- Class 3A: October 17, 23, 29
- Class 4A: October 17, 23, 29
- Class 5A: October 18, 23, 29
The official tournament ball is the Spalding TF-VB5.
For questions about volleyball, please contact Lisa Brinkmeyer at email@example.com.