Welcome to the IGHSAU Officials site!
The Iowa Center for Officials Services (ICOS) will continue to use Dragonfly for the 2022-2023 school year to offer all necessary services to officials for both the IGHSAU and the IHSAA:
- registration for all girls' and boys' sports
- rules exams
- educational materials
- assignments for post season
- communication and scheduling
** LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS **
- Complete the DragonFly registration process
- Take the Iowa Rules Meeting for each sport you wish to officiate
- Pass the sport-specific exam with score of 75% or better
- Attend a sport-specific clinic (post-season officiating requirement)
All Iowa Rules Meetings and Exams are found through your DragonFly profile.
** HOW TO REGISTER **
Create a DragonFly Account:
- Go to DragonFlyMax.com
- Click “Login / Sign Up” in upper right corner (red box)
- Click “Sign Up for Free”...or log-in to your existing account
- Enter Name, Email, and Password (password must be 8 characters long, and contain at least 3 of the following: symbol, number, upper case letter, lower case letter)
- A verification code will be sent to your email address you used to register. Use the verification number in the email and enter it into the DragonFly verification box.
- Click “Get Started” > “Official” > “Contest Official” > “Add Contest Official”
- Select “Iowa” > “Pick State”
- Select “IHSAA-IGHSAU | Iowa Center for Official Services” > “Join”
- Select the sports you’re interested in officiating > “Add Sport(s)”
- Select an official’s association if you are a part of one OR select the top option (Not In an Association) > “Add Group” …. Or select “Skip” to navigate through each sport you selected.
- Review your information. Click “Save”
Update Contact Information
- Click “My Information” under your "Registration Status for [your name]."
- Click “Needs Update” (Red Box). Enter required information: address, contact info, etc.
- Click “Add a new Emergency Contact” to add contact
- Top / left of screen > Click “General Info”. Enter needed information. Click "DONE"
Complete Your Registration
- On the left side tabs, click “Today”
- Click “Complete Your Registration”
- Click “Start” red boxes for necessary field
- Criminal History Report
- Sport specific Rules Meetings
- Sport specific Exams
- Pay Fees (bottom)
- As you complete the needed tasks, red boxes on the right will turn Green.
Registering early ensures that you will receive all correspondence timely and your rulebook prior to the rules meeting and exam being released.
If you have any questions, please contact Sherry Tegtmeier at [email protected] or 515-401-1839.