Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines are approved for the 2022–2023 school year.
- Monday, November 7
- Jamboree date allowance: Monday, November 7 through date of first game
One jamboree allowed per school; maximum of two 8-minute quarters
- First game: Friday, November 18 (Member schools are not permitted to play any interscholastic basketball game from December 24 through January 1. This does not exclude the school from practicing or using one of its scrimmages if they desire).
- Playing dates: 21 games (12 for junior high)
- Scrimmages: 3
- QuikStats reporting dates: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during regular season
- Regional Tournaments:
Class 1A: February 9, 14, 17, 22
Class 2A: February 11, 14, 17, 22
Class 3A: February 11, 15, 18
Class 4A and 5A: February 15, 18, 21
- State Tournament: February 27–March 4 at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF1000 Legacy (Women’s)
Individual and Team Participation Limitations
Each individual player has a 21-game season limitation. A student who plays in 0–2 quarters in a day is not charged with a game. A student who plays in 3-6 quarters in a day is charged with one game against this limitation. A student who plays in 7–8 quarters in a day is charged with two games against this limitation.
Junior high students have a 12-game season limitation. Junior high students may play in no more than six quarters a day. Participation in 1–6 quarters in a day constitutes participation in a game, and junior high students are limited to one game per day on a school day. No junior high jamborees or tournaments are permitted. A junior high team is allowed to play in two games on a non-school day. The player limit is eight quarters for that day.
Schools may participate in up to two games on a non-school day. No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments.
Academic eligibility resumes as 12:01 a.m. on December 18.