Coaches and ADs-
We are ONE day away from Super Regional competition! I hope you are all as excited as we are here at the Girls’ Athletic Union!
A few things for tomorrow’s events:
- Teams may bring food/coolers through athlete pass gates and keep them in their designated team spaces. Please pick up your trash and do not abuse the kindness of the facility managers in letting us do this! Spectators are not allowed to bring outside food into any of the event spaces- concessions will be provided for all venues.
- Several teams had issues with the Regional Roster form on Bound. Please understand the instructions given for team admittance:
- ONLY ATHLETES COMPETING WILL BE ALLOWED ATHLETE CREDENTIALS
- ONLY 6 PERSONNEL TOTAL (INLCLUDING HEAD COACH) WILL RECEIVE COACH/MANAGER CREDENTIALS
- If you have listed more than this- Please know that others in your travel party will have to purchase tickets and will not have floor access or access to the credential spaces.
- Athlete Pass Gate doors will open at 7:00 now at each site to give more time for schools to settle in before weigh-ins.
- COACHES MUST PRINT WEIGH-IN FORM AND VERIFY THIS FORM WITH TOURANMENT MANAGER (@ HEAD TABLE) UPON ARRIVAL
- WE WILL BEGIN LINING ATHLETES UP AT 8:45 AM FOR SKIN CHECKS AND
WEIGH-INS – PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME
- Cheerleaders will report to athlete pass gate. A limit of 6 (in uniform) will be allowed in with one sponsor/coach. Athletes will receive wristbands upon entry.
- Fine Designs will be selling tournament merchandise at each site- bring your $$!
Information for State Tournament Coaches/Qualifiers
- There will be a recorded Webinar thisSunday, January 29th at 7:30 pm for all ADs and Coaches for those who have athletes qualify for state. For those unable to attend in person, it will be available for view by 10:00 am on Monday morning. The link can be accessed by clicking here.
- We will need all programs to fill out the State Tournament Roster on Bound by 10:00 am on Monday morning as well. Instructions for number of coaches allowed is on the form. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.
- You will find updated information on our Wrestling Tournament Central tab on the ighsau.org home page specific to the State Tournament event which includes:
- State Tournament Manual (for ADs/Athletes/Coaches)
- Links for Ticketing (available online tomorrow, as available in person)
- Schedules and maps for parking/entrance
- Detailed fan guide for spectators
Please look through these materials closely and direct any fans towards these links who may have questions!
I want to personally say thank you to all of our coaches, officials, and administrators who have put in so much work to give our athletes a great experience all year. Postseason emotions run high for all, so let’s continue to be intentional about recognizing all of the good things happening this season. You’ve all been an incredible part of history, which I hope you can be proud of! - Erin Kirtley, IGHSAU Wrestling Administrator